Change Handle From Lever/Pad to Lever/Lever

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys

I need to change the outside handle on my front door to a lever type. It is a split spindle type. The (fensa) company that installed the door 4 weeks ago came and changed it to lever/lever. However, it is now a back door type arrangement with no night latch. It is of the single spindle type which means for security the door has to be locked from the inside every time.

Is it possible to change the pad to a lever whilst retaining the night latch/ split spindle? My wife struggles to lock/unlock the door using the pad handle, The lever would give her umm - more leverage.
The handle type was never discussed with the salesman when we placed the order.
Is it reasonable to expect the company to do this for free? They wanted to charge £120 + VAT. Eventually my wife agreed a £30 cash payment.

Unrelated to this i would like to know how long it takes to receive the fensa registration certificate from the company?.

Hope this makes sense.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Handles here http://www.upvc-hardware.co.uk/

You never discussed handles and want it changed for free................lol.
What do you do, if its handy come to my house and do it for nothing please.

Then they do it for sod all cash, and your awaiting a certificate.............

Thanks for the info Mate.

Then they do it for s** all cash.

Point of Info: 2 doors totaling almost £1100 and i slung in about 3 hours of my own time helping the fitter. The £1100 also includes an add on of £50 for a dubious problem they had after the quote was given and the contract signed with 40% deposit paid.

Sponsored Links
Shouldn't see why not, if you still have the split spindle and so long as they didn't replace the locking mechanism for a standard one 4 weeks ago you should be able to use your lever/lever handles with the split spindle

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back