Change rad for towel radiator on tiled floor.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm looking to change out a 500mm radiator to a towel radiator. The existing pipes come up through a tiled floor (which the wife has already noped to lifting up)and are 590mm pipe centres. I'm really struggling to figure out a way to get this to work as the majority of towel radiators have the threads on the bottom.

Looking at a 600mm towel radiator such as this:
https://www.victorianplumbing.co.uk...g8S4nvsZM2N1uDEYtR0aAhTgEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

You've got 550mm for the pipe centres, so I'd be either looking at bringing in the connection on one side by 40mm to line it up directly over one pipe, or bring both in 20mm so it's central.

I'm thinking that I might be able to do something with 15mm elbows. Any suggestions?

Sponsored Links
I'd use 90 degree valves and keep it symmetrical with the pipe work. straight up on the original pipe centres and the horizontal bit would be hardly visible directly under the emitter. Solder the elbows on the vertical section for neatness.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back