Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Replace Old triton thermostatic with new one every thing the same inside

could some one confirm this wiring for me

Brown neutral
Red live
Earth yellow green

when I just ran it in commissioning mode it was humming ??

Sponsored Links
humming ususlay neans you forgot to turn the water back on.

this brown and red are they inside the shower (its connections) and what does the manual say?

Sponsored Links
ok.

put those tags you posted at either end of the link to the piccy.

that doesnt show a great deal. try another with more showing.

is the terminal block the one inside the shower? what wires are in the other side of the terminal block?
where does that twin and earth cable(the flat grey one) come from?, i.e what circuit is it from, a dedicated shower one? if so is it rcd protected.

Terminal block in shower.
Those wires are the existing wires that went to the old shower.
When i put the new shower unit on i just wanted to make sure of the right connections.

It works and the consumer unit has not triped.

the humming was when i was commissioning the unit there is a small black sleeve that goes over two prongs on the pcb as soon as you turn the power on gravitiy fed water comes through this is to purge the system of air, after this you remove the sleeve and put the correct term on and shut the unit up, which I have now done turned the shower on every thing seems to be working fine no humming.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back