Changes to approved plans or permitted development?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
We have recently submitted some planning attached to a house we bought last year. The original plans were approved in 2004. We resubmitted them and have recenty had them approved. The plans were for garage to come forward 2.5m, a summer room (posh bi fold door conservatory) that would have a pitched roof and a porch with a pitched roof. I am really only interested in building the garage but would like a conservatory with lean to roof in place of the summer room and a porch with flat roof.
Can I just go ahead with the conservatory and porch on the basis of permitted development or do I have to notify the planners that I intend to not embark on 2 out of 3 of the submitted plans?
Any pointers would be greatly appreciated
Thanks

Sponsored Links
If the garage is forward of the rest of the building then it's not permitted development. You'd need new planning permission for this alone.

Your previous approval has expired, you're starting from scratch.

As I understand it, you are under no obligations to build to plans if the development is also permitted development.

I would check you have PD rights, as some properties don't

Sponsored Links
You should build to the approved plan, and not just build part of it and then add random other bits to it under what you think may still be PD - as you may find that what you think may be PD may no longer be.

In my experience you can build part of approved plans - but once signed* off you Cannot do any other work on the plans later without submitting new plans.

*Leicestershire - approximately 2012.

Thanks for your replies. We'll have a word with the planning officer just to be sure

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back