changing a cylinder thermostat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
the thermostat on my hot water cylinder needs changing - having just bought the new one I find the wiring is different. The cabling I have connected to and old ACL HTS 2 is red, yellow and black - the new one a Sunvic shows in the diagram - yellow = call for heat., White = satisfied, and Blue = common.

Judging by the way its laid out I think the red cable would go to white/ satisfied the yellow to yellow / call for heat and the black to blue / common - but I would welcome any advice

Sponsored Links
If you have a multi meter put it on resistance (ohms) attach the probes to two of the three spades. and adjust the temperature on the stat. if you do not get continuity (the expected reading would be OL) then the one you have not attached your probes to is common.

Then attach one probe to common and one to another, now adjust the temperature if you get continuity on low then this is satisfied. If get continuity on high then it is calling. (Note that low and high depends on the temperature listen for the audible click to see wether it is high or low).

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back