Changing a vented single cooker hood to a range one

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

In our kitchen there was a vented single cooker hood - previous owners extended the tiled area behind the cooker then used a range.

The ducting goes up and into a wooden box below the ceiling presumably as it is too high for the extending chimney hood.

The new range cooker hood is going to sit more to the left.. how can I easily sort out the ducting whilst making it look okay at the same time?

Also electrical connection comes out of wall just inside where the old chimney hood extension was, assume this just needs burying in wall so it comes out more to the left again?

Thanks in advance..!

Sponsored Links
Hi,

Anyone have some ideas on this one please? Would I be best off increasing the size of the box that meets the ceiling, on it's left hand side?

Many thanks!

Hi jj4091,

Yes, the new hood has a chimney but it is too short to reach the ceiling, it would only reach to the box i.e. same problem as before..

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back