changing an analogue central heating timer for a digital one

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I currently have a potterton prima 50b boiler with a danfoss ranfall 103 timer,

Is it possible to change this for a digital one to get more control?

Cheers

Sponsored Links
you can get a 103 digital thats a straight swap on the same back plate,but that will only give more accurate times,without knowing the other sytem controls etc we cant say what will improve the efficanncy of your system

thanks for the replys I dont have very good control over the heating system other than the boiler thermostat and trvs.

The main reason I wanted the anaolgue timer is because i can only have it comming on or off twice a day and the minimum time is around 2 hours (when both tabs are as close to each other as possible).

Sponsored Links
I don't have very good control over the heating system other than the boiler thermostat and trvs.
The 103 is a single channel timer, which suggests that you have a pumped heating/gravity hot water system. Is this correct? If so, how is the hot water temperature controlled?

If the only controls you have are the boiler thermostat and TRVs, changing the timer on its own will not give you any better control. You need to have a room thermostat, cylinder thermostat and motorized valves to make any noticeable difference. Ideally you should convert the system to fully pumped.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back