Digital rf controller problems?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
when my mum and dad (pensioners) asked a guy to fit a full central heating system (proper corgi guy)my dad was asked analogue or digital rf timer controller ,he asked for digital as he can work digital timers better , the guy said ok, my parents are on holiday while he fits the system and have left me to over see it ,now he has nearly finished the installation but he is fitting an analogue rf controller as he says "they" meaning the manufacturers have had problems with digital controllers its for a Bosch worcester Boiler.. my question is has anyone else had problems with digital controllers?

Sponsored Links
Unless the worcester (made by drayton) digi stats also have the ridiculously slow response that the drayton ones do?

To be honest the worcester digital clock is quite difficult for most people to grasp and the mechanical clock with rf room stat will be far easier to work.

Sponsored Links
There have been significant warranty problems with the earlier Drayton RF range, our wholesaler reckons to get 30% back in the first year.

I do not know whether the Bosch branded derivatives which use the old Drayton casings are similarly afflicted, but we have had at least one of these faulty last year, out of the box.

Those are often dirty battery contacts - you have to clean up inside after removing the battery drawer. Also the RF side batteries fail first, without showing the low battery symbol which is for the batts on the thermostat side.
I think I've got about 4 sets of discarded ones which are perfectly OK.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back