Changing both rad valves

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I’ve been renovating toilet suite and part of it’s replacing the radiator and both valves. Both valves are turned off atm with old rad removed and system has been running for a few weeks as normal while I was waiting on new rad and valves to arrive. I’m confident in fitting the new rad and would ideally like to not drain the full boiler system down. What’s the easiest way to swap the valves over so that the water doesn’t shoot everywhere all over the new painted walls

Sponsored Links
I close the flow/return valves on the boiler which preserves the pressurised water in the exp vessel, and prevents air being drawn into the auto air vent.
You just need to depressurise the system via a drain and crack on.
If you have a enough play in the pipes, it's easiest to undo one side and fit a cap to rad tail, that way you can do it and only lose a few drops of water.

Sponsored Links
Could I depressurise by undoing both nuts on old valves and let water trickle into a bucket. Would I be losing much water in the system by doing this?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back