new rad on maxitwin valve not working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
had a new rad put in bathroom last september. Didn't work so changed it for a new double last week. fitted with a new maxitwin rad valve [the one with both connections on one valve] today. No heat in rad, tried bleeding, water comes through but cold, valve hot though. got an oil fired system and everything else seems fine. have now got all rads off except bathroom one waiting to see what happens. Any one got any ideas cos I'm not sure this is going to work.

What should the pressure gage read?

Are there any special ways to run a maxitwin valve?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
ALl the twin valves I've seen (not many) have a bit of pipe on the inside of the rad so the flow and returnare separated. Ohterwise there's no reason why the water should go into the rad.

I didn't remove the original rad myself so I'm guessing that the Glaswegian plumber chucked the flexi-pipe with the old rad.

Can you still get these flexi pipes?
I live in rural Northumberland so I might be struggling but there is a plumb centre not to far away but they aren't open till Monday.

More or less impossible to get flexi pipe into modern radiators . twin valve needs removing and valves fitted to either side of rad

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back