Changing brushes in Hotpoint Aquarius washer/dryer ?

Lav

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi ,

I had posted about previous problems that had left the above machine dead but thankfully that has now been resolved with a new on/off switch.

Prior to this episode, I had noticed that the machine was not spinning the clothes as well as previously (machine is four years old and would be used 3-4 times per week) and it has been suggested to me that the motor may need new brushes.

Can anyone advise if replacing the brushes would be of benefit and, more importantly, advise if it is a straightforward task (any hints or tips gratefully received)

Many thanks

Andy

Sponsored Links
Have a look at the first post at the top of the page, you'll find info on changing brushes there.

Thanks Sleepyhead,

I had seen that post in relation to replacing brushes if there was no spin - mine is still spinning, just not as well as previously as the clothes are more damp at the end of the cycle than before.

As I'd checked the waste pipe filter and made sure the outlet wasn't blocked, I wondered (without physically checking yet) if the brushes had perhaps worn down enough to affect performance through reducing the speed of the final spin, if that was possible.

I've ordered a set anyway but any pointers on how to replace would be welcome (or even a reassurance that it is an easy swap with little in the way of complicated access or connections)

Andy

Sponsored Links
Absolutely perfect - thank you

Andy

Just as a ps you can change/check the brushes without detaching the motor. Access first brush accessible second one, pull motor over to the left leaves just enough room to place long thin slotted screwdriver down aperture to release the clip.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back