Changing bulb on a Click Flameguard GU495

Noted. I did realise that it's an old post, but it seems to be a common problem. I thought it might be useful for someone else searching for the same problem in the future.

Sponsored Links
Noted. I did realise that it's an old post, but it seems to be a common problem. I thought it might be useful for someone else searching for the same problem in the future.
That is what the "similar threads'" panel, at the bottom of the page, are for.

I understand that this is a very old query, however I found it useful and the only one on the subject.
I had similar issues changing the bulb in this unit, even after removing the unit fro the ceiling I could not unscrew the bezel by hand.
Taking it to my workshop I tried tapping the lug gently to release the screw, the only result was breaking the lug. I then gripped the bezel in the vice, using plywood spacers in ordear to not damage the bezel.

1676302545083.jpeg

Unscrewing it anti-clockwise allowed me access to the bulb which I replaced with an LED bulb, it runs cooler and is the same as the other bulbs in our bathroom.

1676302737065.jpeg

6BE3942B-AD01-4FAF-BF7E-90ABF44644B6.jpeg

Having cleaned the threads on both the body and bezel I lightly greased the threads with Vaseline befor reassembling the unit prior to refitting in the ceiling.
9B16910A-FE94-4895-92D4-993A47E2F819.jpeg

I hope this may help others if faced with the dilemma.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back