Gu 10 bulb extender

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
2 years ago I had an extention and specked some ]click flameguard http://www.fastlec.co.uk/click-flameguard-cast-recessed-downlighter-240v-mains-gu10-p-1317.html gu10 recessed downlights. I got these because at the time they were the only downlight that could take a 11 watt megaman without it sticking out of the fitting. Now I can get led smd gu 10s that are the same size as a standared gu10s - the problem is that the fitting then seems to narrow the wide beam of the smds that I want to use. So I need an adapter that will extend the pot part of the gu10 bulb and bring it closer (flusher ) to the face of the fitting. I need a gu10 to gu10 adapter to give the bulb more length (Ooo err misses )

Sponsored Links
I don't think you'll find anything like that.
The fitting is designed to be like that with the reflective interior providing what Click say is
" Designed to produce a broad beam of light by means of its extended reflector this fitting enables creative schemes to be produced."

I do not know about how it is constructed inside, but you may need to engineer a way to bring the lamp-holder forward.

It may be easier to buy a new set of downlights, they'll probably only be a tenner each.

I don't think you'll find anything like that.
The fitting is designed to be like that with the reflective interior providing what Click say is
" Designed to produce a broad beam of light by means of its extended reflector this fitting enables creative schemes to be produced."

I do not know about how it is constructed inside, but you may need to engineer a way to bring the lamp-holder forward.

It may be easier to buy a new set of downlights, they'll probably only be a tenner each.
The thing is that it does indeed help spread out the light from a 50w halagon that is a spot but I have been useing 11w megamans which give a very nice wide even light when compared with norm gu 10s But I hate the way they warm up and I could do with a little extra brightness----smds are the way to go on all counts but I have tryed these in the fitting and it seems to spoil the wide beam of these bulbs .
I canot replace the fittings as they needed a very wide hole 90mm as I remeber

Sponsored Links
I'd also like to know if one of these exists.

Mine all require 75mm length bulbs and so anything else will sit recessed (if it fits at all).

aveatry - I have a similar situation, where the light fitting requires any replacement bulb to have the the exact (or slightly longer) dimensions of a GU10 from Pins to where the bulb chamfer starts. Did yuo find anything or can you tell me the measurements of the bulb that you recommended

Thanks

No luck - the best bet so far has been to use the higher power smd leds 6-7w as these are longer but as the tec gets better the higher W bulbs are becoming shorter to

aveatry - I have a similar situation, where the light fitting requires any replacement bulb to have the the exact (or slightly longer) dimensions of a GU10 from Pins to where the bulb chamfer starts. Did yuo find anything or can you tell me the measurements of the bulb that you recommended

Thanks
That link still works bu it now points to a different bulb, your best bet is to look on eabay as there are loads of sellers and a lot do give the bulb dimensions

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back