Changing combi boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, we moved into our house two years ago and there is a combi boiler here, which we haven't had before, we find it very inefficient and when I have a shower or wash my hair it always runs hot and cold, never a comfortable warmth. Is there any way of changing the boiler and putting in a different sort that has water that stays hot?

Sponsored Links
What make and model do you have and how old, all combis work similar so your might just need repaired

Hello, we moved into our house two years ago and there is a combi boiler here, which we haven't had before, we find it very inefficient and when I have a shower or wash my hair it always runs hot and cold, never a comfortable warmth. Is there any way of changing the boiler and putting in a different sort that has water that stays hot?
Took you two years to ask the question?

Sponsored Links
It's been a long sleep but clearly there's a fault with the boiler.

At least they gave it a fair trial before deciding a combi was not suitable for their lifestyle.

Heat only boiler with hot water cylinder may be the best system for the property and lifestyle.
Sorry Bernard you don’t half talk some rubbish and have very little knowledge in reality.
A little of which is a dangerous thing by all accounts.
Go on the nuclear physicist forum, they’re more intelligent than us dimwits.
Rissole!

Is what I’m having for tea tonight!

Is this just when you shower/wash your hair? Mixer shower ? Electric shower? Could be faulty shower, rather than boiler or does every hot water outlet suffer the same? How far away is the boiler from any hot water point?

At least they gave it a fair trial before deciding a combi was not suitable for their lifestyle.

Heat only boiler with hot water cylinder may be the best system for the property and lifestyle.
I am sure a combi can manage a shower and ferkin hairwash Bernie

A hair wash you say ???? are you trying to say that I am old and baldy ???? hairwash no one needs a hairwash these days they need a system boiler and an unvented G3 installed cylinder, do you know how much water it takes to rinse a cup out ????? well do you , Combinalists

I am sure a combi can manage a shower and ferkin hairwash

A nine gallon hair wash ?

Problem with a combi powered hair wash is the need for a minimum flow of hot water. Too little flow and the water gets very hot, that is until the over temperature safety device operates and the boiler shuts down. Hot water then goes cold.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back