changing floor after extension

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
To Tony Gallagher :
On Sat Aug 18, 2007 you posted a really good reply to a question by Remoh1 regarding extending a floor towards a set of patio doors, asking for more details. I couldn't see any reply from Remoh1 and therefore a follow up from yourself, but I have a similar problem and wish to add a section of floor ( not laminate ) to where an original small section of wall was removed.
My doors were installed on top of the outer leaf with a plastic sill. The DPC level of the floor is the same as the DPC level of the cavity walls but the DPC was removed from under the frame sill by the installers. ( Amazingly we have never had any damp problems there.) All our ground floors are concrete and ground level is 6" below floor level.
I realise the original posts are very old now but would appreciate any advice you might be able to offer. Thanks in advance.

Read more: //www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=93229#ixzz1plK0j4cp

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back