Changing floor to ceiling window into Juliet Balcony -HELP!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Not sure whether I am asking this question in the right part of the forum. Please do let me know if this is the wrong place.

I currently reside in a 2 bedroom apartment in the city centre which I bought about a year ago. I am unsure if the building is listed, I have tried searching for it on the list provided on the council's website but to no avail.

My apartment unit is situated on the 2nd floor off a 10 storey building. We have 2 no. floor to ceiling windows in the living room, and one normal window in the main bedroom, all of these windows are not accessible. There are no accessible windows or openings on the wall at all for the other rooms in the apartment (1 ensuite shower, 1 kitchen, 1 double bedroom and 1 bathroom).

Ventilation is provided via eletronic ventilation system, without any control i.e. I wouldnt be able to control how much air going in and out etc.

The ventilation system is working fine over the winter, however in the summer time the apartment is really stuffy as the air supplied from the ventilation system is not sufficient. I currently leave alone and it is bad enough. Soon I will be joined by my wife and my newborn child and I do feel it will be a struggle.

I therefore would like to change one of the floor to ceiling window in the living room, into a Juliet Balcony to encourage air passage during summer or anytime when the apartment gets stuffy.

However, seeing as this is my first property and I have never done anything like this before, I am unsure of what are the procedures I should take.

Please could anyone advice me on this matter? I would be utterly grateful.

Many thanks!

Sponsored Links
Taking in to account that safety is a major considerations when designing and installing a juliette balcony and build regulations would need to be conplied with.
It might be a good idea, if it's not your field of play to hold fire and contact directly a professionally designer/installer.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back