Changing from standard system to combi-what does it entail?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
What sort of disruption can I expect when I get a standard boiler replaced with a combi-boiler - but positioning it in the same place [an outside kitchen wall]?
I dont need it yet but maybe it should all be done before a new kitchen floor is laid?
[or should I get it repositioned in the airing cupboard when the immersion heater is taken out of it?]

Sponsored Links
We usually remove all internal walls and lift the floors to make our job easier. Sometimes we even price to replace them.

The position of a new boiler is often dictated by whats outside the house rather than whats inside!

Tony

Just remember when your combi boiler breaks down, you will have no heating (as with standard boiler), but you will have NO HOT WATER either.

You should also consider the limits of how much hot water can be supplied by a combi. It can take ages to fill a bath.

Sponsored Links
In terms of disruption you might also consider getting new rad valves throughout, as the extra pressure of the system will find any weaknesses there and, indeed, in the rest of the pipework: we found several pinhol leaks in the old copper which turned into fine streams of water when we changed over. In our case just about all the old pipework stayed in use where it was so not much upheaval in general. Still wish I hadnt changed though.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back