changing fuses board fuses

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have a cooker power supply that on the fuse board is only on a 32 amp fuse the wiring is from what i can see the correct thickness to take a hire load can i just simply upgrade to a 45 amp fuse on the main board?

John

Sponsored Links
Is this an MCB trip or an actual fuse wire or cartridge fuse?

Im thinking 32A MCB?

How did you judge the cable size as being big enough to take a higher load? If it was installed with a 32A trip then it was done for a reason.

What load/demand is required by the cooker?
I assume this is domestic?
32A is suitable for up to 15kW on a cooking appliance, taking diversity in to consideration and the provisions that there is no derating of cables, through method of installation and the manufacturers instructions are abided by.
Though you state cable is of a higher current rating, there are other factors to take in to consideration as I have mentioned above: Derating factors of cables, regarding the method it was installed(the common factors are if cable is within/touching thermal insulation, contained in trunking/conduit, also grouping of cables, ambient temperature and fuse type may need to be considered)

What load/demand is required by the cooker?
I assume this is domestic?
32A is suitable for up to 15kW on a cooking appliance, taking diversity in to consideration and the provisions that there is no derating of cables, through method of installation and the manufacturers instructions are abided by.
Though you state cable is of a higher current rating, there are other factors to take in to consideration as I have mentioned above: Derating factors of cables, regarding the method it was installed(the common factors are if cable is within/touching thermal insulation, contained in trunking/conduit, also grouping of cables, ambient temperature and fuse type may need to be considered)

hi spiro,

the reason for me asking is im fitting a beko induction hob which has a 6.4 kw rating and a beko oven which has a 2.3 kw rating will i need to change the fuse to a higher rating so these item run ok?

John

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back