Changing Kitchen Sink

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I am wanting to change the sink in my kitchen. Our hot water system is a hot water tank in an airing cupboard upstairs and i wonder how can i change the hot tap? Do i have to turn off the cold supply and then drain the hot water tank? If so will this effect the radiators on any way ?

thanks

Sponsored Links
Shouldn't affect the radiators as they're a separate sealed circuit. However you will need to drain the hot water cylinder and header tank unless you have other stop valves elsewhere.

There should be a gate valve where the hot water leaves the tank which will avoid you having to drain off the tank.

OK thanks i will check out to see if there is a valve on the bottom of the tank. Good news about the radiators.

thanks

Sponsored Links
whistler said:
There should be a gate valve where the hot water leaves the tank which will avoid you having to drain off the tank.
sorry whistler .....but it`s usually on a pipe feeding into the Bottom of the cylinder ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back