Changing lock cylinder on a Union 2332

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I just moved into a new house and I would like to change my locks but I just wanted to make sure I will be able to do this before I end up with bits of lock in my hands and my front door left wide open. I'm pretty sure I have a Union 2332 nightlatch but I'm not sure how to remove the cylinder. From photos online it appears that the screw holding the cylinder does not extend to the 'face' of the lock so can someone tell me how the cylinder can be remove? Is it as simple as removing the two screws on the face plate?

Sponsored Links
Remove the two set screws holding the faceplate and remove the faceplate.
You now see two screws top and bottom that hold the lock body to the door. The other screw head that you can see holds the cylinder in position. Unscrew this and the cylinder will slide out. you may have to turn the key in the lock to position the cylinder cam vertically.
You need a single oval to replace the one that you are taking out. Go to your local locksmith to purchase this. Buy a cylinder that is just long enough to clear the face of the door.
You may find that if it is not branded as Union you may have to cut out some of the door opposite the cylinder to allow the new cylinder to fully enter the lock case.
Any problems post some pictures.
DC
Teamlocksmiths

Just thought you may possibly have a double oval or a oval and thumb turn.
The single oval I refer to above is found on many commercial applications ie blocks of residential flats.
The same principals apply though.
DC
Teamlocksmiths

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back