Replacement cylinder for Union BS3621 rim nightlatch

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just moved in to a new house which has a decent from door lock.

https://www.uniononline.co.uk/uk/en...s/bs3621-cylinder-rim-nightlatch-v-4l67e-b-pl

Does anyone have any idea where I would buy replacement cylinders for these? No idea how many people the previous owners have given keys to. Would normally replace the whole lock but seems a waste as it seems like a really good one.

Looked everywhere online but it looks like I don't know what I am searching for

Sponsored Links
Hi,

I've had a quick look around, but haven't found anything either.
The problem is that you have two barrels in that lock to change, that's possibly why single barrels don't seem to be available.

Two barrels could also be quite pricey; a like for like replacement of the whole lot may be the most economical solution (repinning may be possible by a locksmith?) - although many other locks are available! ;)

The cheapest set I have seen is £157 from here:
https://www.safelocks.co.uk/acatalog/CHUBB-4L67E-BS3621-Deadbolt-.html

Some interesting comments in this thread:
https://www.diynot.com/diy/threads/how-to-replace-barrel-on-unusual-lock.145778/

Good luck :)

If you can find a good local locksmith (preferably one who used to be an accredited Chubb Service Centre) they can take out the internal discs and swap them around or fit one or more new ones, and cut new keys to suit. This is an original Chubb lock rebranded to Union when the brand name rights expired.

I have done the external cylinder, the parts are quite large and easy, have not done the internal one in the knob.

If it is in really good condition and you have plenty of keys, it will fetch a good price on Ebay.

I can sell you a new old stock one for £75 if you want.

Sponsored Links
If you can find a good local locksmith (preferably one who used to be an accredited Chubb Service Centre) they can take out the internal discs and swap them around or fit one or more new ones, and cut new keys to suit. This is an original Chubb lock rebranded to Union when the brand name rights expired.

I have done the external cylinder, the parts are quite large and easy, have not done the internal one in the knob.

If it is in really good condition and you have plenty of keys, it will fetch a good price on Ebay.

I can sell you a new old stock one for £75 if you want.

Thanks so much. I was overthinking this. Managed to find a new one in old packaging on eBay for £50.

So I'll just fit the new one and sell the old one for as much as I can when cleaned up.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back