How are these locks changed?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I’ve changed normal Euro cylinders in the past without a hitch.

We’ve a just moved into a new home and I’d like to change the locks out of good practice, however, these locks seem to be different to what I’m used to.

Im guessing they’re just normal Euro cylinders but that I’m missing something that’s preventing their release.

I’ve removed the holding screw... only when I loosen the T25 screw pictured does the cylinder consider moving. But it seems to be held somewhere else.

The doors are SBD if that makes any difference?

Any clues on changing the cylinder?

Attachments

• EC5D4242-CB21-45C8-849B-74B71DC10160.jpeg
    EC5D4242-CB21-45C8-849B-74B71DC10160.jpeg
    306.8 KB · Views: 192
Sponsored Links
SBD = secure by design

That 'thing' with the allen bolt in is likely to be a collar to protect the end of the barrel from snapping, remove to remove the barrel and replace afterwards

Thanks for your reply @crank39

Is collar the correct terminology, im still struggling to remove this and im struggling to find any reference material online :(

I wondered if this was a bespoke feature of the "secure by design" door... hence why I cannot find anything.

The allen bolt will go through the gearbox case for the mechanism and bolt into the the collar on the other side, note it has a tiny grub screw clamping one half of the collar to the cylinder, the other half just slides on and is held with the said allen bolt. Remove the cylinder retaining screw and allen bolt and slide the cylinder out with the collar still attached to it(its attached with the grub you can't get access to while in situ)

cylinder_guard.600.png

Sponsored Links
Thanks for your reply again @crank39 , I had another poke at the weekend, and was able to detach the cylinder. I was initially trying to release the full collar, but on Sunday found the collar splits in half revealing a 30/30mm cylinder!

44127732580_64f8277ff6_z.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back