KEYS LOST - double glazing door locked

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Just moved into new house and the previous owner has lost the keys for the back door which is locked - its has a euro style cylinder but I cannot take it out without the key to replace - anyone have any ideas on how I can change the cylinder without calling a locksmith?

I've taken the handles off the door etc but cannot pull it out as it has a screw from the front edge of the door holding the cylinder...I have checked to see if the lock has any numbers for keys etc but nothing - seems a cheap double glazing job!

thanks, ash

Sponsored Links
31_12_2009_153647_100.jpg

Usual thing to do is hit it (the barrel) with a hammer, straight down, its s tricky thing to get right but does work, the barrel snaps at the screw and you can then open the door and replace, or drill out just below the key slot and then turn with a srewdriver.

Replacement barrels should be no more than £5.00

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back