Double glazed door lock

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a double glazed door which has the type of lock that once you close it it is locked (without using the key) so if im in the garden and i havent got my key and it accidentally blows shut im stuck.. - not that that's ever happened but im now worried that this could happen - is there a way that the lock can be changed to a lock which will only be locked with a key - hope this makes sense.

Sponsored Links
Thanks JohnD (again) hopefully you will be able to see the photos

photo1 is how the key looks on the outside
photo2 is the locking mechanism
photo3 is inside

CJ

think im doing something wrong can see the photos when i type the message so might have to do this in the morning :oops:

Sponsored Links
replace the handles so that they both use the spindle hole that the inside one uses.a decent locksmith will have these,you need to take the furnture in to them or the pictures and measure the inside handle from the centre of the barrel to the centre of the handle.

thanks yandownie ill look to take these into a locksmith or maybe get one to come out :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back