why my double glazed door has to be locked with keys

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Why my double glazed door has to be locked with keys. I have noticed some of my friends door doesn't requires keys to be locked.

Do I have different types of door?

Sponsored Links
You just have a key locking back door type installation. One that will not lock you out when you go out to hang out the washing. When I surveyed for DG companies I used to have to specify what the customer wanted, usually key locking for the back door and pull handle lever latch for the front entry exit door.

ho steve,
If I want to have pull handle lever latch do I need to replace the whole door or I can just replace the latch.

Sponsored Links
ho steve,
If I want to have pull handle lever latch do I need to replace the whole door or I can just replace the latch.

I take it you have multilocking set up. We would have to change the locking system if it were ever wrong, not just the handles, but I have been out of the DG business for about 15 years so things may have changed. Have a look and see if you can identify lock make and google them for contact details. But others on here may help.

Bickyz i am interested in if you can change the lock configuration too.

I think mine works the same as your front door when unlocked can be open from inside or outside by pulling the handle down.

But other doors when unlocked will only allow the inside handle to be pulled down and the outside handle wont operate, to get in from outside the key must be used.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back