Changing piezo on Pyronix Enforcer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

I have a Pyronix Enforcer and today the internal sounds have gone quiet and high pitched. I believe it's the piezo that's gone faulty so I've ordered a new one.

A couple of questions:

1. I've unplugged the piezo but I was surprised to find it looked like it was connected to the circuit board via a small lug or piece of plastic. Is that correct and do I need to break it off?

2. I've isolated the panel from the mains but I am working on it one handed with the wiring still connected (in particular to the battery). Am I okay to disconnect the battery or will I lose the settings without the battery and the mains connected at the same time?

Thanks,

Sponsored Links
It just unplugs ….it wont lose any settings if you power it down to swop out the piezo apart from time and date …if it’s connected to the cloud then it will update automatically
Post picture of what you are replacing …

Hi Sparkymarka, this is the part I have ordered (in fact I ordered 2 in case it happens again in the future): https://connectec.uk/security/intru...ent-spare-internal-piezo-sounder-buzzer-siren

I opened the unit and got as far as unplugging the existing piezo but the part itself didn't come out. Perhaps it just needs pulling hard. However it looked as though there was a little plastic lug holding the piezo onto the green board next to it. I could be mistaken and sadly I didn't take a photo because I was balancing the unit in one hand whilst trying to disconnect the piezo with the other.

I put it back together for now because I won't get the replacement until end of next week.

Sponsored Links
Thanks @sparkymarka I managed to do this. I constructed a makeshift table from two swing bins and a cardboard box so I could work on the panel two handed without disconnecting everything! The piezo did indeed pull out so it was dead easy to replace. Since they are cheap I bought a spare should this one fail again in 6 years time!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back