Changing room showers

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am trying to find the best source of hot water for a sports changing room. We are a small junior sports club intending to have 13 showers and 5 hand basins installed. I have thought about unvented cylinders and LPG heaters fed from a gas storage tank as there is no mains gas supply to site. Which will give me the best supply taking cost into consideration. The showers would be in use by 30 people three times a week.
Help

Sponsored Links
I think you'd find off-peak electricity (Economy 7 or 10) a much better option than LPG. Much lower capital cost (no heaters other than immersion heaters) and lower maintenance costs (no gas safety issues) and lower running costs. You'd need to ensure that you had sufficient storage for the peak demands of course, but that would apply almost as much with LPG heaters. You'd also have to make sure the mains water supply could meet the peak demand too, otherwise you'd want a tank fed system, maybe with pumps.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back