changing taps on bath which is 'tiled-in'.

DMW

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is it possible to put new taps on to a bath which is entirely tiled-in to the space it occupies, so that the only way to get at the taps is from where they are actually situated, on top of the front rim of the bath?

I shall be calling a plumber to do this - I am quite clueless about this sort of thing! - but I just want to know what is possible before calling someone out.

I'd appreciate advice.

DMW

Sponsored Links
I suspect you'll need access to the underside of the bath at the tap end as the taps are fixed from underneath with top hat nuts or something similar and you'll need to disconnect the supple pipes and undo these nuts to release your taps.

(DIYer not plumber tho')

Thanks, AMEdinburgh. I feared as much.
What chance of removing tiles from the side of the bath without breakages?!

DMW

Very difficult unless they are already loose and especially hard if they been fixed for a long time or are set in a cement mortar

Why not seek some tips by posting in the tiling forum

Sponsored Links
The tiles are irrelevant, you'll HAVE to get to the taps from underneath. It can be almost impossible.

i have done it from the room below in the past.the customer didnt want the bathroom damaged at all, so we went in through the kitchen ceiling and then he fitted a plastic ceiling over the existig one and put spot lights in .

Thanks to AMEdinburg, ChrisR and Fitz1. I'm very grateful for your advice.

DMW

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back