Changing the colour of LVT

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I strongly suspect I know the answer here, but.....

Some how, I ended up with half a house worth of LVT flooring in a tone of grey instead of a tone of brown. It's the correct style and size, just the wrong colour. And now it's 2/3 fitted. And the product has been sitting here for a year so no come-back on the supplier. And the product line has gone end of life so I can't even suck it up and order the correct colour if I wanted to.

Is there anything I can do to change the finish? Was thinking of some kind of mop-on protection coat, that has a bit of brown in it?

It's a lovely floor, just not what we wanted.

Any help with my expensive nightmare greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Went with the only option.... tear it up and order the proper colour. Found a supplier with old stock.

An expensive mistake.

Sponsored Links
If it came up clean/cleanable it may have a resale value btw..

If it came up clean/cleanable it may have a resale value btw..

It did, and a good few hours cleaning the boards (And floor, got through 10 6" scraper blades). 7 boxes laid, 1 of cuts, and 12 unopened boxes. I'm seriously hoping to sell it to recoup the £2000 in replacement!

Avoid Facebook marketplace then; chock full of cheeky wazzocks who act like you owe them big time for them doing you the favour of taking it off your hands for a tenner ..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back