Coloured finish over oak floor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
after going through the usual flooring options, LVT, Vinyl, laminate etc we are tending towards a solid oak one. Rather than just have it a natural colour though we fancy some sort of grey or similar colour which retains the natural grain through the colour. Some sort of wash type colour that could then be acrylic coated
Has anyone any experience of any products that would achieve this

Sponsored Links
Hi

I think you can pick up some sort of wood stain in B&Q from Ronseal, not sure of the colour variations mind. Although from my point of view, one of the reasons you pay a premium for solid wood is the natural colour and grain. Why pay the extra for solid oak only to paint over it. I would go for something cheaper that gives the colour you want.

Hope you get it sorted

K

Engineered in the colour you want would be easier, but usually this will not be available in a Laquered finish.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back