Changing the water pressure sensor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

Please could you tell me how easy is it to change the water pressure sensor on a Vaillant Eco Tech Pro? I have been advised by an engineer that it needs to be replaced.

I presume you just need to remove the water pressure from the system first and then screw in the sensor with a new o-ring, reconnect the pcb plug and then re-pressurise?

Since it does not involve gas is this a reasonable DIY job?

My regular gas engineer is away over Xmas, and so if the boiler packs in I would like to do this job myself. I would then ask him back after Xmas to check over and flush the system which also needs doing.

Thanks for your advice

Sponsored Links
It's inside the boiler casing, which should only be removed by a Gas Safe Engineer as the front casing forms the room seal on the boiler. Not DIY I'm afraid

You'd be much better off getting the muck out of the system before fitting new components in any case

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back