Changing washer on tap advice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I know this is supposed to be a very easy thing to do, but i would appreciate some advice as its not something ive really done before, plus its not my house as such, its just rented, so i dont want to break anything lol

Basically the bathroom sink tap has started dripping a lot, the tap it's self it just one tap with 2 tap handles, both are a sort of oval shape and dont seem to have any cap to pull off to unscrew the tap.

So my question is will the handles on this style of tap just pull off with a little force, or should there be a screw somewhere, looking at it i cannot see where there would be a screen to undo.

There is a picture of the tap below.

any advice would be great, i need to look at the size of washer i need to buy first but i dont want to start pulling the handles off if there would be a screw somewhere on it lol.

I know that once i get the handle off i then have to undo the tap with a spanner to get to the washer.

Thanks

James

Sponsored Links
As it is a rented property its the Landlords responsibility to put right defects,

It probably doesn't even have a washer.

Reap the one true benefit of renting - and get your landlord to sort it out!

Sponsored Links
The knob will just pull off but that sort of tap will need a ceramic valve insert.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back