Leaking Mixer Tap - No Washers??

3 Oct 2006
Reaction score
United Kingdom

I have a leaking mixer tap in the kitchen. Expecting it to be washers I bought some, turned the water off, and dismantled the tap.

The screw cap came off the handle and underneath were 2 thick rubber washers. removed this and found the screw to remove the handle. Underneath was the usual hex head so I spannered this off to get into the tap.

This pulled out but all I found was a white valve looking thing but no washers to be found!! Nothing above or below the fitting, nothing in it that I could see.

It's a Monobloc which I haven't had at me previous houses and this was here when we moved in - it's obviousley me being thick/nieve but what do I replace or do to stop the bugger leaking??
Sponsored Links
You have ceramic disc valves, so to stop the leak you have to buy and fit a new cartridge.
I would approach the following companies (in the order listed) until I got a result:

1. The original tap supplier.
2. A local plumbers' merchant.
3. The tap manufacturer.
4. Lunns.
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local