Changing water pressure (shower head)

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi DIYers,

I'm having an issue with the water pressure in the shower. The shower head appears to be clean and clear of clogs, but I've noticed that the pressure changes and I can't figure it out. It doesn't change while the water is on. It's either strong or weak from the get go. If it turns on strong, it stays that way, and vice versa. Any ideas on what could be the cause?

Some additional info:
Water coming out of the tub's faucet has always been strong.

The issue started a couple of weeks ago. There hasn't been any work done to our unit or the unit above that would affect the pressure.

Sponsored Links
Hmmmn...

the tub's faucet

That and a quick check of your profile and, yes... You're in Ameeerrrcccaa ;)

Photos and brand of your shower valve might help but I would say it's a valve issue, just on the shower. New flow cartridge or the old one cleaned out to see if that solves the issue.

Edit: also, remove head from hose/wall outlet and see if there's an improvement.

As Dilalio has said, check your head and hose, usually a kink internally on the hose.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back