Weak shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I recently moved into a house where the shower was very weak. I changed the shower head to a routine one from b and q but this hasn't improved the water pressure much. The unit is an electric power shower, I think.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can improve the water pressure?

Thanks in advance,
M

Sponsored Links
Chances are it's the cold weather the incoming water is very cold so the shower cuts it down to a flow rate that it can heat.
You can try a larger bore hose they look much the same from the outside but often the bore is not much more than 11mm you can get 16mm ones.

http://www.screwfix.com/p/swirl-sho...5m/94901#product_additional_details_container

Most DIY stores sell them the end connections are all the same 1/2 BSP.
You can also search for low pressure shower handsets. Might be worth a try.

I have an electric shower in the en-suite it's fine in summer but rubbish in winter!

Only real answer is fit a combi boiler (which I am doing in the next few weeks) or a larger wattage shower, but that might mean a larger cable is required too.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back