Weak shower - will a new shower head fix it?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I have a really weak shower. The plumber had a look at it and said the first thing I could try and do is buy another shower head. Could this somehow fix it? Surely the flow/pressure would be the same no matter what shower head I buy.
Thanks

Sponsored Links
The only real difference with shower heads are the spray hole sizes and the amount of them on the rose.....smaller spray holes may give the impression of more water delivery but its an illusion.
Make sure your shower head is clean though!
Do you have a gravity, combi or electric shower?
John :)

Hi have a 9.5kw electric shower. Its great that I no longer have to wait for the immersion tank to heat before I can have a shower - but the actual shower is weak and you never really feel like youre getting totally clean. Ive only had the shower for a few months and so dont want to have to buy a power shower.

So youre saying I should look for a shower head with lots of small holes? Ill take my shower head to the shop and compare. They only cost £15 or so.

Sponsored Links
With the incoming water temperature being very low at this time of the year,any electric shower will have some problem trying to cope......
Presumably you have the temperature dial up pretty high - well, turning it to the cool section should give you much more water volume.
Many electric showers have a filter in either the inlet or outlet ports, and some have a pressure restrictor in the inlet too.
Its possible to upgrade to a 10.5 kW shower, but the mains electric cable may need to be increased in size at the same time.
John :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back