DID NEW SHOWER HEAD BREAK MY SHOWER

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I had a Gainsborough shower 18 months old, the shower head seemed 'not right', I replaced with a new shower head, switch on, and water was dripping through the shower unit, rang plumber who said as water had got in there it was best to get a new shower.
Forked out £200 on new shower and paid plumber to fit it, but, did the new shower head cause this fault, I can't see it but plumber said new shower head had a restrictor which I should have removed to get more flow, and that this had 'blown' the shower. Is this possible?

Sponsored Links
It's possible the pressure relief, which is just a small blip of rubber had blown out.

Less than a tenner to buy from the shower doctor, to fix your old shower

yes, more than likely. tho the 'blow off' tube should terminate just below the shower casing to prevent water going back inside the unit.

as terry said, less than a tenner. you'll baulk when you see it tho, i thought boiler parts were expensive!.

the shower head is critical to the working pressure, and should be cleaned regularly to prevent the shower overheating and causing hot/cold fluctuations in the water temperature whilst showering. is this why you changed it?

on an electric shower you should replace the shower head with an 'official' replacement to prevent this 'blow off' from happening

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back