weak electric shower

Sponsored Links
chantelle said:
Wrong, difference between a combi shower and an electric shower is huge,figure it out.If you have to stoop to insults then you are only embarrassing yourself. ;)

Clearly something is wrong with your thinking, go back to my post where you yourself resorted to using insulting words (aristotle) and if you read again what i said there is clearly what you are saying here that there is a huge difference between the two kinds of showers, what else do you think I tried saying when i said the electric shower cannot provide the same amount of hot water at the same temeprature without using a lot of electric power, I said a typical gas boiler is rated at 24Kw so for an electric shower to match the same performance as a gas boiler, then it will need to be rated at least 24Kw and that would mean you would need to draw well over 100Amps at 230v mains supply and this would be very close to overloading a normal domestic electric meter.

Please engage your brains before you let out your toung! or fingers if you are typing! :LOL:

Sponsored Links
anyhoo

OP your mums house is done with an electric shower for one simple reason, and its not cost (electric showers are more expensive to buy and fit)

The reason is, she will have a mixer shower in a shower room. As she has a combi the max amount of water heated would not support two showers at the same time sooooo the builder puts in an electric shower that doesnt rely on the water heated from the boiler. This alows you two shower at the same time.

Simple answer, no name calling, done. Oh and a 8.5kw shower is pants but the wiring will support a 10.5kw shower (if it is new build)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back