Triton 2000XT inside wet

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I called my plumber yesterday as the flow in my shower was weak, he suggested cleaning the filters.
The electrical supply to my shower is isolated so I am able to turn off power to the shower exclusively. My house is built in a such way though that it is impossible to turn off the water supply to the shower, my plumber knows this.

So I take off the cover to clean the filters, the actual filter cover itself, and water comes spewing out EVERYWHERE.
I managed to clean the filters and replace them, all while water is spouting out everywhere.

My question is, the inside of the shower obviously got pretty wet, electrical components and everything, (still have the power switched off), what do I do now?Is the shower extremely dangerous to operate, should I get a new one?
All help appreciated!

Sponsored Links
The correct reply would be to get a qualified electrician to run an insulation test on the shower before it is used.

However by the time you have paid for this you could almost have bought a new one with clean filters.

Of course, an internet advice forum is not the right place to suggest you could try to dry it out with a hair dryer, even it was a good idea.

Bear in mind that nearly all electric shocks in bathrooms are fatal due to the extra hazards and improved conductivity. Even bringing a hairdryer into the area is a risk and care is needed.

The correct reply would be to get a qualified electrician to run an insulation test on the shower before it is used.

However by the time you have paid for this you could almost have bought a new one with clean filters.

Of course, an internet advice forum is not the right place to suggest you could try to dry it out with a hair dryer, even it was a good idea.

Bear in mind that nearly all electric shocks in bathrooms are fatal due to the extra hazards and improved conductivity. Even bringing a hairdryer into the area is a risk and care is needed.

The filters are clean, I removed them, cleaned them and replaced them so that's okay.
I'll suppose I'll contact an electrician on Monday just to be on the safe side, feels very risky going near it myself.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back