Triton shpwer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Triton eclipse, new shower bought 9th jan , tested today for first time as ccu changed,
Shower erformance weak, water dribbles out , took shower body off wall as I suspected a problem with pipe work I installed so connected outlet hose straight to compression elbow and flow was good, but a dribble again when shower put back on
Prd has not tripped as no water coming out of the small tube
Customer used bath tonight and text me to say shower rose driving all the time
Any ideas before Make a warrenty call to triton
Turning the power selector from off to cold to hot makes no difference, as does removing the inlet filter

Sponsored Links
Triton eclipse never heard of that one, wheres it from one of the sheds ?

The first operation of the shower is intended to flush out any remaining unit debris, and to make sure the heater unit contains water before the
elements are switched on.
This operation must be carried out with the flexible hose screwed to the outlet but WITHOUT the shower head attached.
Make sure the outlet from the flexible hose is
directed to waste. Before switching on the electric and mains water
supplies to the shower, check that the power selector is in the STOP position and the temperature control is turned to position ‘10’ −
the minimum flow position note: Failure to turn the control to ‘10’ may
cause the PRD to operate. Turn on the electric and mains water supplies to
the shower. The power indicator will light. Rotate the power selector to COLD and wait until water starts to flow from the flexible hose.
Slowly turn the temperature control fully anti-clockwise to ‘1’ − the maximum flow position.
It will take about thirty seconds for a smooth flow of water to be obtained while air and any debris is being flushed from the shower.
When there is a smooth flow of water turn the temperature control from ‘1’ to ‘10’ and back again several times to release any trapped air
within the unit. Once flushing out has been completed, stop the water flow by turning the POWER selector to the STOP position.
Fit the shower head to the flexible hose and place in the shower head holder. The shower is now ready for normal operation.

Hope that helped.

Andy

Sponsored Links
Seco it's the one on special at Screwfix last month, thought it was an eclipse but am wrong .it does start with an e
I've stuffed up by. Rushing and not commissioning properly, looks like I've tripped the prd
Are they easy to replace or do I leave it to the warrenty guy

The warranty guy will charge £70 if it's something that you've done.

I reckon you've created an anti-gravity device. See you on Dragon's Den.

Hi seco phoned my mate and its the triton enrich
If I have tripped the prd would the water flow from the shower completely stop or would it trickle out like what is happening to this one

Depends where you have the flow dial set.
ie on 1 powerful flow you would get a trickle from head and quite a flow from prd.
on 10 you would just useally get weak flow from prd.

But you will know if you have blown the prd cause water will be coming out the bottom of the unit.

Shower hose drips in upright position but not when hanging down in the bath
What's that about

This sounds like you are just getting air behind the water in the hose causing the head to drip.
and when the hose is hanging down the excess water in hose has already drained out.

When you say you had fitted it and water just trickled was this on all settings 1 to 10 ?
Was the trickle cold warm or hot ?

Shower hose drips in upright position but not when hanging down in the bath
What's that about

This sounds like you are just getting air behind the water in the hose causing the head to drip.
and when the hose is hanging down the excess water in hose has already drained out.

When you say you had fitted it and water just trickled was this on all settings 1 to 10 ?
Was the trickle cold warm or hot ?

Sounds like a poss faulty stabiliser valve. If so covered by warranty.

Hi seco the shower head would flow slowly on number one, like watering can say but almost dry up to a trickle on number 10
No water came out of the prd tube at any time
I'm relieved that you think it may be a warrenty call as I have made a pizz poor job of the commissioning, about the only thing I got right was flushing the pipe work first, did very little on the list andy provided. My head was in the shed rushing to get finished
Surprised to see on shower doc how reasonable some parts are like the prd under a tenner

Hi seco the shower head would flow slowly on number one, like watering can say but almost dry up to a trickle on number 10

Ok it should reduce flow as you go from 1 to 10
But 1 should at least have some descent kick behind it round to about 7.

No water came out of the prd tube at any time
That's ok then.

I'm relieved that you think it may be a warrenty call as I have made a pizz poor job of the commissioning,

Nothing can really go wrong providing you do it with the head off.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back