Triton shpwer

If you set it to high on top dial and start a 1 on bottom dial what number does the shower start to get hot ?

Sponsored Links
Do you have any opinion on the Mira manual vista or the Mira play, two electric showers on the Screwfix website virtually half their usual price?

The water never got hot at any time although I didn't run it for very long, no more than a minute at each setting
The flow was so poor that I knew something was not right and I was concerned about making it worse. This was just before I removed the shower from the wall to check the flow through the pipe work on its own which was very good

The mira play is a good shower not seen a vista i'll have a look.

Did you fit the pipework for this shower ?
Something tells me its not on the mains supply. :idea:

Sponsored Links
Mira vista is the same as a play just that the play has a seperate start/stop button and the vista has start/stop on the top setting dial.

Internals all the same basically.

Good call
Don't mess about do I.if I Fook up I don't do it by half
Back in the loft tomorrow to change the supply from tanked to mains
So after all that shower may be ok and the fault is the pillock that fitted it :rolleyes:

Yep. There's 2 25 gallon tanks linked in the loft above
God knows what I was thinking. Fortunately the mains supply is only a metre away.does that explain the non performance?
How did you figure that out

Terence you do give me a laugh.
laughingchimp.gif

The problem with the head dripping gave me a clue but then you said it never got hot at all gave it away.
As you know with reduced flow even on 1 that should of been hot right round to 10.

But of cause you got no mains pressure to activate the pressure switch now thats why your head is dripping you need at least 0.2 bar roughly to hold the diaphragm shut when shower is off otherwise the diaphragm will let water past.

Now see you tomorrow with a good ending.
;)

Whoever did that tiling needs to go to tiling school, thats a terrible little cut left for the corner and above the window, **** poor planning provides **** poor performance.

Plumbgas this photo shows the opposite corner with a balanced cut. However I don't have a photo of the full wall but the window is off centre and the cuts either side are not balanced. Something had to give,

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back