TRITON OPAL 1 ELECTRIC SHOWER - Too Hot or Cold

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I have a Triton Opal I electric shower.

Its very difficult to get the temperature right regardless of how we twiddle the nobs. Its either cold or scalding hot.

Last year the PRD failed (water just dribbling out at the base of the unit) so I replaced that. I also changed the shower head (but not the hose). After that switchover the shower seemed to work fine for a while. I used the Triton parts for this particular model. I got off them the internet (a trader - not some cheapo deal on e-bay).

The shower has 3 setting buttons with the following symbols underneath them - 3 little red columns under one, 2 blue columns under another and 1 red column under the last. There is a dial as well to turn the temp up and down. We use all of them to get the temp right but never can.

Anyone got any ideas what might be wrong and what I could do to try and fix it?

Please help cos I stink to high heaven at the moment so need a shower.

Thank you.

Sponsored Links
First check any stopcocks/isolation valves are fully open.
Try shower with head off, if still same
Check/clean inlet filter. if still same
Check hose they can collapse internally not always visable to the eye.

Check stabiliser valve turn bottom dial to fully cold flow should be fast, then gradually turn dial to fully hot flow should reduce down to a trickle.

First check any stopcocks/isolation valves are fully open.
Try shower with head off, if still same
Check/clean inlet filter. if still same
Check hose they can collapse internally not always visable to the eye.

Check stabiliser valve turn bottom dial to fully cold flow should be fast, then gradually turn dial to fully hot flow should reduce down to a trickle.

Thank you. I will give all of the above ago.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back