Shower Pressure Extremely Low

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have a shower that is fed from the mains water / hot water tank (i.e. not an electric shower with a heating element built in).

Yesterday, the pressure in the shower dropped to basically zero, in that only a small trickle of water now comes out of the showerhead. Previously, the shower had a strong, steady stream of water.

The water pressure is least when the dial for the mixer control (for the level of hot water vs. cold water) is turned fully to "hot". Although even when this is turned fully to "cold", the water pressure is still extremely weak.

Is there anything obvious that we can do to try and fix this in advance of calling a plumber?

I've attached pictures below of the shower head/fitting and hot water tank.

30mx00n.jpg

fvcsw2.jpg

2zyl6cx.jpg

Sponsored Links
It sounds as if you have a blockage in the mixer valve itself. But first of all check that the hose and shower head are not blocked by running with the hose disconnected. (Use a container under the outlet to avoid splashing)

Then shut of the supplies to the mixer valve and strip it down to remove whatever it is causing the blockage.

If it had just been either hot or cold I would suggest you check the relevant filter.

If that is a Mira Select the following may help, you can even post a question there.
http://www.showerdoc.com/mira-select-post-2001-shower-spares

Blagard

Just wanted to say a massive thanks for taking the time to reply to our post from yesterday - we have now solved the problem by bleaching the inner parts of the shower head, which has cleared the blockage.

Saved us an expensive plumbing call out charge!!!

Thanks again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back