Low shower pressure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Mira Excel gravity fed mixer shower which is fed from the tank in the loft and hot water cylinder. The hot water pressure is fine but the cold is very low. The tank is about 15 feet above the shower. There is a gate valve in the supply line which doesn't seem to fully shut off. Is it possible / comon that this valve could have broken up inside and is restricting the flow as it is not opening properly? All other pressures elsewhere in the house are fine.

Sponsored Links
gate valve are prown to shearing off inside if it keeps turning its sheared the spindle.

Thanks for prompt response. Turning the wheel it does stop at either end and feels the same as the hot supply one. Think I'll have to turn off the mains water inlet and drain the tank right down etc to replace. Should I go for the same type of valve or is there something better?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back