Channel 5 dropping off tv in Kitchen

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Keep losing channel 5 on one tv, retune and it's found but only lasts a few hours before disappearing?
No other channel affected, still get channel 5+1 on affected tv, have three more tv's fed from same aerial [two from same splitter] and no problems. :?:

Sponsored Links
Please remember this is a guess so could be wrong. My parents had the same problem and I realised that Channel 5 Multiplex for their area was Channel 68. So when neighbours Sky box was used this transmitted on same channel so they lost signal.

When I looked there were many other channels using the same Multiplex frequency but they did not watch those so did not know they had lost them.

So look at anything with a RF output. Video games, VCR, DVD likely something else transmitting on the same frequency.

In the days of analogue it was easy you could see the other signal so when you saw the bat and ball going across the screen it was easy to work out what it was. But digital can't see analogue and analogue can't see digital but they can still stop each other from working.

Move that TV to a different room where the TV is working OK. Connect the aerial and see if the fault occurs. If it does, the TV itself is faulty.
Otherwise report back here.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back