Channeling across beam and block floor.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Everyone,
My first post.
I have a beam and block floor, it's about 8 years old. the beams span 5 meters, they are in an inverted T shape. 2 are put together like this TT but upside down. and the bit in between is filled with concrete. each T is 100mm across and 150mm for the upright bit. and has 6 rods in each. Then the whole floor is covered in 160mm thick concrete with 10mm steel trellis in the middle of it.

My question is, I want to cut a channel in the concrete, starting at 70mm deep so just above the trellis and tapering away to nothing. I want to run it parallel and next to the wall that the ends of the beams go into. So right across the tops of the beams but the beams would still have a minimum of 90mm of concrete above them.

It's a barn and the floor was used for 3 tractors and trailers. Now it's a house and there is only bedroom furniture and plasterboard walls on it.
Could anyone who is in the know let me know please if it's a goer or a NOer .
Much apreciated. Thank you. Mark.

Sponsored Links
If you are above the steel fabric. No sweat. That's one sturdy floor you have there.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back