Chased into a loadbearing wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Hope this is the right forum. Got the plumbers in and they have chased the wall out under a lintel to fit pipes. I have enclosed pictures of the wall and the lintel, can someone advise if the chasing out has weakened the structure of the load bearing
wall 1.jpg
wall 2.jpg
wall? or would filling it with a sand and cement mix after the pipes are fitted be ok?

Any help appreciated as i am considering stopping them working on it tomorrow as it's worried me so much that they have weakened the wall too much below the lintel.

Sponsored Links
How deep is the chase? looks like they have just taken off the render. Is this the only option as a box in the corner would be more practical solution.

They are putting in 28mm pipes, so they have taken it back to the brickwork and then chased about 35mm into the bricks. To be fair that position is the only option they had to come through from the room above, just couldn't see why they didn't chase further to the right away from the lintel and then 90 degree the pipes back towards the ceiling opening.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back