Chasing basin waste pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can someone kindly advise on whether the following chase for a bathroom waste is possible/sensible please? For informstion, the building is 1880's redbrick "mansion" split into flats (we are the 3rd of 4 floors).

View media item 33177
I had been considering connecting the waste to the toilet pan connector but this is proving tricky with a back-to-wall pan.

Many thanks.

Sponsored Links
Thank you, but sadly not :(

I will be installing a back-to-wall pan, and the soil pipe will extend into the back of the toilet. This means there is very little/no room to get the basin waste pipe into the back of the pan to meet the connector.

Anyone else?

Sponsored Links
Sketch not very good but.......Why do you need to chase it out as 40mm is a lot to take out of a wall :?:

Hi Bahco,

I intend to box in the 120mm window recess so I can conceal the toilet cistern (not shown on the sketch) and the basin pipework. Due to the location of the waste I hope to chase the pipe ino the wall.

If 40mm is too much to chse, I will further explore using a boss on the WC connector as suggested.

gw

Basin waste pipe is 32 mm so you need to chase about 35 mm and I guess that only a short chase won't cause much of a problem.

How long will it be :?:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back