Chasing Cable and underfloor heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

I am trying to discover whether my plans are achievable. Please note that I will not be doing this job myself, but will use fully qualified people, but I want to know whether the plan is even possible.

We are have our kitchen re-designed and my wife has set her heart on having an indusction hob on an island. However, the island will be surrounded by an existing wet underfloor heating system. Will it be possible to chase (in a conduit) the cabling into the sceed above the underfloor heating (and below tiles).

If not, is there any other way of getting power to the island?

I have a very precise map and photo of where the underflor cabling is.

Sponsored Links
The problem is the heat from the underfloor heating will mean the cable's maximum current rating will be reduced meaning a larger cable will be needed. The heating pipes will be considerably hotter than the surface fo the floor.

My solution would be to have a column from the island to the ceiling and disguised as a place to hang saucepans and other cooking utensils.

my wife has set her heart on having an indusction hob on an island.
Tell her she is welcome to have one, and you'll even buy her a book to take with her:

51ZUbhJxFAL.jpg

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back