Chasing for cables

Indeed not, and I agree it's too easy to pretend to be "qualified", and too easy for people to employ someone who's no good.

But starting out thinking that you've employed a chancer whose work you need to check? Why would you do that? It may turn out with hindsight that you picked a wrong-un, but surely you'd believe you hadn't when you gave him the job?

And in any event, thinking that you could put yourself in a position to credibly check, oversee or challenge the work done by your electrician after you've asked a few questions here is utterly unrealistic.

We seem to be seeing more of these threads - I wonder if the band of electricians who used to die/emigrate/retire/fall ill/get abducted by aliens/run away to join the circus almost at the end of the job, and who then moved on to agreeing to supervise and direct DIY work but never make themselves available for answering questions have now taken to giving an air of uncertainty and incompetence which makes their customers want to check their work?

Sponsored Links
... have now taken to giving an air of uncertainty and incompetence which makes their customers want to check their work?

I actually think there could be a lot in that sentence, when I think of all the sparks I've known whom I've considered totally competent and professional, but never the less likely to be going through a slight culture shock with present day regs.

What do you mean by "culture shock with present day regs"?

The 17th Edition is hardly a revolutionary change from the 16th..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back